The South Dakota Coyotes (8-10, 2-3 Summit) will be at Baxter Arena to square off against the Omaha Mavericks (10-8, 4-1 Summit) in a Summit matchup. The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Sunday, January 20, 2019.
South Dakota Coyotes at Omaha Mavericks ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Mavericks beat the Western Illinois Leathernecks, 80-71, while the Coyotes lost a tough one against the Oral Roberts Golden Eagles, 77-74.
Omaha played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.211 (above their season average of 0.183) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 22.6 (below their season average of 22.8). For those same stats, Western Illinois was 0.065 and 14.3, respectively. South Dakota, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (13.6 vs. 16.2). Omaha’s Zach Jackson had a solid performance, recording 22 points and five rebounds. Meanwhile, Tyler Peterson played a pivotal role for South Dakota with 20 points and 12 rebounds.
The Coyotes dominated this series last year, winning all three games. In the most recent contest, South Dakota won 87-73. The Coyotes’ 9.8 turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Mavericks, who had a rate of 14.7. This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
The Coyotes’ Stanley Umude has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 19 points,7.6 rebounds,1.2 blocks per game. Meanwhile, Mitch Hahn has averaged 17 points,7.2 rebounds during that same time frame for the Mavericks.
Omaha figures to have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Mavericks rank 38th in effective field goal percentage (0.555), while South Dakota ranks 179th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.500).
South Dakota vs. Omaha ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Omaha, ATS Winner – Omaha, O/U – Over
- South Dakota ranks 47th in assists allowed per game (11.3) while Omaha ranks 176th (14.4).
- The Mavericks rank 36th in steals allowed per game (5.3) while the Coyotes rank 43rd (5.5).
- The Coyotes average 20.6 three pointers per game, which ranks 193rd in the NCAA. The Mavericks rank 222nd in three pointers allowed per game (25.4).
- South Dakota ranks 257th in rebounds per game (31.9) while Omaha ranks 269th (30.6).
- During their last five games, the Mavericks have scored an average of 87.4 points per game (8.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 82.0 points per game (3.5 above their season average).
- The Coyotes’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.4, up from 0.2 for the season.