The South Carolina State Bulldogs (0-5) are off to a slow start and will try to pick up their first victory when they go head-to-head against the Winthrop Eagles (2-3) at Winthrop Coliseum. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 26, 2017.
South Carolina State Bulldogs at Winthrop Eagles Betting Preview
In the Bulldogs last contest, they fell to the Central Arkansas Bears, 73-64. South Carolina States Ian Kinard contributed 11 points and 11 rebounds in the game. Central Arkansas did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (16-19; 84.2 percent). South Carolina State, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.0 (above their season average of 23.5).
The Eagles are hoping for a better outcome after their 119-85 loss to the Auburn Tigers in their last contest. Jermaine Ukaegbu led Winthrop in scoring with 12 points on 4-for-5 shooting. Getting to the free throw line was one of Auburns biggest strengths. They made 28 trips to the line, while Winthrop went 23 times.
The elite offense of Winthrop will go head-to-head against the bottom-tier defense of South Carolina State. Since last season, the Eagles offense ranks 47th in effective field goal percentage (0.540), while the South Carolina State defense ranks 338th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.549). The Eagles figure to have the advantage on that end of the court.
South Carolina State Bulldogs at Winthrop Eagles ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – South Carolina State, ATS Winner – South Carolina State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Eagles rank 103rd in rebounds per game (37.1) while the Bulldogs rank 308th in rebounds allowed per game (39.2).
- Winthrop ranks 92nd in steals per game (6.8) while South Carolina State ranks 236th (5.3).
- Winthrop ranks 17th in three pointers attempted per game (26.0) while South Carolina State ranks 280th (18.3).
- The Eagles rank 11th in assists allowed per game (10.3) while the Bulldogs rank 253rd (14.7).
- Winthrop ranks 33rd in blocks per game (4.9) while South Carolina State ranks 273rd (2.1).