The South Carolina State Bulldogs (2-15, 0-1 MEAC) and the Morgan State Bears (6-9, 1-1 MEAC) go head-to-head at Hill Field House. The Bulldogs will attempt to put an end to their seven-game losing streak. The game begins at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 12, 2019.
South Carolina State Bulldogs vs. Morgan State Bears Betting Odds
Both teams lost a tough one in their last game. The Bears fell to the Savannah State Tigers, 88-87, while the Bulldogs were defeated by the North Carolina A&T Aggies, 80-77.
South Carolina State forced North Carolina A&T into a turnover percentage of 25.9 (above their season average of 17.6) while Morgan State forced Savannah State into a turnover percentage of 22.0 (above their season average of 16.8). Morgan State was lifted by Kyson Rawls, who finished with 20 points. Damni Applewhite had a good game for South Carolina State, contributing 16 points and 10 rebounds.
This was a highly contested series last year, as the teams split their two games last season. In the last contest, the Bears won 83-80. The Bears’ 39.1 offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest advantage over the Bulldogs, who had a rate of 25.0. This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
Conflicting styles will be on display in this contest. Morgan State has preferred to play fast (48th in possessions per game), while South Carolina State has been slower-paced (242nd in possessions per game). Additionally, the Bulldogs rank 298th in turnover percentage (21.3 percent), while the Bears rank 22nd in opponents’ turnover percentage (24.1 percent).
South Carolina State Bulldogs vs. Morgan State Bears Free Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Morgan State, O/U – Under
- South Carolina State ranks 65th in rebounds allowed per game (33.0) while Morgan State ranks 242nd (40.4).
- The Bears rank 158th in assists per game (12.6) while the Bulldogs rank 175th in assists allowed per game (14.5).
- The Bears rank 43rd in steals per game (8.0) while the Bulldogs rank 164th (5.2).
- Morgan State ranks 250th in three pointers attempted per game (17.6) while South Carolina State ranks 268th (15.5).
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 68.4 points per game (0.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 79.2 points per game (1.8 above their season average).
- The Bears’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.2, down from 5.2 for the season.