The Memphis Tigers welcome the South Carolina State Bulldogs to FedExForum to get their seasons underway. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 5, 2019.
South Carolina State Bulldogs at Memphis Tigers Betting Odds
Memphis failed to make the tournament following an 18-10 regular season campaign last season. South Carolina State also did not make the tournament following a 7-25 regular season campaign.
It could be an error-filled game for the Memphis offense. Last season, Memphis ranked 270th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.9 percent), while the gambling defense of South Carolina State forced the 60th-most turnovers in the nation (20.9 percent). Also, the Bulldogs could control the offensive glass in this matchup as they ranked 53rd in the nation in offensive rebounding percentage at 32.5 percent. The Tigers, meanwhile, ranked 283rd at securing defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 69.1 percent.
South Carolina State at Memphis Odds Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Memphis, ATS Winner – Memphis, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Memphis ranks 25th in steals per game (8.0) while South Carolina State ranks 247th (4.9).
- The Tigers rank 74th in blocks per game (4.0) while the Bulldogs rank 250th (1.8).
- Memphis ranks 165th in three pointers attempted per game (22.4) while South Carolina State ranks 317th (17.1).
- The Tigers rank 41st in assists per game (15.4) while the Bulldogs rank 262nd (11.4).
- Memphis ranks 57th in rebounds per game (37.7) while South Carolina State ranks 252nd (33.4).