The South Carolina State Bulldogs (1-1) will travel to the Vines Center to take on the Liberty Flames (2-0). Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 12, 2019.
South Carolina State Bulldogs vs. Liberty Flames Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious over their last opponent. The Flames defeated the Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks 66-55, while the Bulldogs beat the Bob Jones University Bruins 79-64.
South Carolina State played a nearly flawless game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.346 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.9. Bob Jones University put up marks of 0.043 and 26.7, respectively, for those same stats. The Flames, on the other hand, had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.600 vs. 0.469) and had a better offensive rebounding percentage (28.6 vs. 25.8). Liberty received a boost from Scottie James, who put up 22 points and 16 rebounds. Meanwhile, Zach Sellers had a solid performance for South Carolina State, recording 15 points and 12 rebounds.
The high-powered offense of Liberty will battle against the bottom-tier defense of South Carolina State. Since last season, the Flames rank 16th in offensive efficiency, while the Bulldogs are 327th in defensive efficiency. The Flames should have the advantage on that end of the court. Additionally, the Bulldogs, who rank 60th in offensive rebounding percentage (32.3 percent), will face off against the Flames, who rank 54th in defensive rebounding percentage (74.8 percent).
South Carolina State Bulldogs vs. Liberty Flames Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Liberty, ATS Winner – Liberty, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Liberty ranks 84th in three pointers attempted per game (24.2) while South Carolina State ranks 314th (17.3).
- The Flames rank 157th in steals per game (6.2) while the Bulldogs rank 264th (4.7).
- Liberty ranks 10th in rebounds allowed per game (30.7) while South Carolina State ranks 66th (32.9).
- The Flames rank 68th in assists per game (14.7) while the Bulldogs rank 285th (11.0).
- Liberty ranks 41st in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while South Carolina State ranks 149th (3.4).