The Florida A&M Rattlers (11-14, 9-5 MEAC) close out their home schedule at Al Lawson Center against the South Carolina State Bulldogs (11-14, 6-7 MEAC). The game is scheduled to start at 8 p.m. ET on Monday, February 24, 2020.
South Carolina State Bulldogs at Florida A&M Rattlers Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Rattlers edged the Norfolk State Spartans, 66-63, while the Bulldogs fell to the Bethune-Cookman Wildcats, 69-65.
Florida A&M played a nearly flawless game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.488 (above their season average of 0.234) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.523 (above their season average of 0.454). Norfolk State was 0.314 and 0.461, respectively, for those same stats. South Carolina State, on the other hand, held Bethune-Cookman to an effective field goal percentage of 0.328 (below their season average of 0.479). Florida A&M’s Bryce Moragne led the way, putting up 18 points and seven rebounds. Damani Applewhite was a key piece for South Carolina State with 17 points and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Applewhite led the Bulldogs to an 81-65 win. He was the game’s leading scorer with 22 points. The Bulldogs’ offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest strength over the Rattlers. South Carolina State had a rate of 41.7, while Florida A&M posted a mark of 25.6.
It will be a matchup of opposite tempos as the up-tempo Rattlers will look to push the more methodical Bulldogs. The Rattlers currently rank 57th in possessions per game while the Bulldogs are 166th. Additionally, the Bulldogs, who rank 10th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.295), will go head-to-head against the Rattlers, who rank 308th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.279).
South Carolina State vs. Florida A&M Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Florida A&m, ATS Winner – South Carolina State, O/U – Over
- Florida A&M ranks 65th in steals per game (7.4) while South Carolina State ranks 250th (4.2).
- The Bulldogs rank 236th in assists per game (11.2) while the Rattlers rank 258th (10.4).
- Florida A&M ranks 231st in blocks per game (1.9) while South Carolina State ranks 233rd (1.8).
- The Bulldogs rank 89th in rebounds allowed per game (33.6) while the Rattlers rank 228th (37.2).
- Neither of these teams shoot many threes. South Carolina State is 299th in the NCAA with 16.7 three pointers per game while Florida A&M is 323rd with 13.8 threes per game.
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 74.0 points per game (3.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 75.4 points per game (0.2 below their season average).
- The Rattlers have outscored opponents by an average of 3.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Florida A&M has been defeated by an average of 6.6 points.