The South Carolina State Bulldogs (11-13, 6-6 MEAC) will be at Moore Gym to go head-to-head with the Bethune-Cookman Wildcats (13-13, 7-5 MEAC) in a MEAC matchup. The game starts at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
South Carolina State Bulldogs vs. Bethune-Cookman Wildcats ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Wildcats edged the Delaware State Hornets, 71-70, while the Bulldogs fell to the Morgan State Bears, 78-72.
The Wildcats made 18 of their 21 free throws (85.7 percent) and held the Hornets to an effective field goal percentage of 0.403 (below their season average of 0.466). South Carolina State, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of getting and making free throws (22-29; 75.9 percent). Cletrell Pope had a solid performance for Bethune-Cookman, recording 19 points and 16 rebounds. Meanwhile, Tariq Simmons fueled South Carolina State with 17 points and six rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Pope led the Wildcats to a 78-74 win. He produced 15 points and six rebounds. Bethune-Cookman had a much better free throw rate (0.375 vs. 0.197). South Carolina State, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (47.4 vs. 5.9).
This contest should be a showdown of conflicting styles. Bethune-Cookman likes to play fast (10th in possessions per game), while South Carolina State is methodical (171st in possessions per game). Also, the Bulldogs rank 10th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.299), while the Wildcats rank 284th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.262).
South Carolina State at Bethune-Cookman ATS Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Bethune-Cookman, ATS Winner – Bethune-Cookman, O/U – Under
- Bethune-Cookman ranks 68th in steals per game (7.3) while South Carolina State ranks 247th (4.2).
- The Wildcats rank 200th in assists per game (12.2) while the Bulldogs rank 239th (11.3).
- The Bulldogs rank 86th in rebounds allowed per game (33.3) while the Wildcats rank 265th (38.2).
- Bethune-Cookman ranks 227th in three pointers attempted per game (19.4) while South Carolina State ranks 281st (17.0).
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 72.2 points per game (1.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 76.2 points per game (0.4 above their season average).
- The Wildcats’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.2, up from 1.8 for the season.