The UTEP Miners (1-1) and the South Carolina Gamecocks (1-1) square off in the Puerto Rico Tip-Off at HTC Center. Tip-off is set for 10:30 a.m. ET on Friday, November 17, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
South Carolina Gamecocks vs. UTEP Miners Free Preview
The Gamecocks were beaten by the Illinois State Redbirds in their last matchup, 69-65. South Carolinas Hassani Gravett had a good performance, contributing 10 points, nine rebounds and five assists. Illinois State did an excellent job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (28-39; 71.8 percent). South Carolina, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (24.5 vs. 13.2).
The last time the Miners played, they were beaten by the Boise State Broncos, 58-56. Keith Frazier was the games leading scorer with 22 points on 7-for-16 shooting. Boise State had a better turnover percentage (12.0 vs. 16.1). UTEP, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (31.8 vs. 19.5).
UTEP might have difficulty finding the bottom of the net as they battle against one of the nations best defenses. Dating back to last season, South Carolina ranks sixth in defensive efficiency while the Miners rank 255th in offensive efficiency. Also, the Gamecocks, who rank 53rd in offensive rebounding percentage (33.6 percent), will face a tough challenge against the Miners, who rank 14th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.9 percent).
South Carolina Gamecocks vs. UTEP Miners Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – UTEP, ATS Winner – UTEP, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Gamecocks rank sixth in assists allowed per game (9.9) while the Miners rank 164th (13.4).
- South Carolina averages 36.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 109th in the NCAA. UTEP ranks 111th in rebounds allowed per game (34.2).
- South Carolina ranks 36th in three pointers allowed per game (18.6) while UTEP ranks 235th (22.6).
- The Gamecocks rank 34th in steals per game (7.6) while the Miners rank 227th (5.4).
- UTEP ranks fourth in blocks allowed per game (2.0) while South Carolina ranks 196th (3.8).