The South Carolina Gamecocks (5-7) will be at the Stephen C. O’Connell Center to go head-to-head with the Florida Gators (8-4) in a SEC matchup. The game can be seen on ESPN2 at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 5, 2019.
South Carolina Gamecocks at Florida Gators Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Gators were blown out by the 17th-ranked Florida State Seminoles, 81-60, while the Gamecocks beat the USC Upstate Spartans, 65-52.
South Carolina played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.466 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 42.2. USC Upstate put up marks of 0.121 and 20.5, respectively, for those same stats. Florida, on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (25.7 vs. 25.0). Florida was led by Jalen Hudson, who had 11 points. Chris Silva played a key role for South Carolina with 13 points and 11 rebounds.
This was a highly contested series last year, as the teams split their two games last season. In the most recent contest, the Gators won 65-41. Florida out-rebounded South Carolina. The Gators had 11 offensive rebounds and 46 total rebounds, while the Gamecocks had six and 24, respectively. This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
Florida could dominate on the defensive side of the ball as they square off against one of the worst offenses in the NCAA. The Gators currently rank 33rd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.452), while South Carolina is 319th in effective field goal percentage (0.475).
South Carolina Gamecocks at Florida Gators Betting Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Florida, ATS Winner – South Carolina, O/U – Under
- Florida ranks 24th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while South Carolina ranks 149th (2.8).
- The Gators rank 30th in steals per game (8.3) while the Gamecocks rank 139th (6.8).
- Florida ranks 21st in assists allowed per game (10.3) while South Carolina ranks 65th (12.3).
- The Gators’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.0, down from 11.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Gamecocks have scored an average of 76.8 points per game (2.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 66.0 points per game (4.4 below their season average).