The South Carolina Gamecocks (17-11, 9-6 SEC) will be at Coleman Coliseum to challenge the Alabama Crimson Tide (15-13, 7-8 SEC) in a SEC matchup. The game starts at 8:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020, and will air on SEC Network.
South Carolina Gamecocks at Alabama Crimson Tide ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Crimson Tide lost to the Mississippi State Bulldogs, 80-73, while the Gamecocks beat the Georgia Bulldogs, 94-90.
South Carolina dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.3 (better than their season average of 16.2) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.500 (above their season average of 0.486). Georgia was 14.6 and 0.478, respectively, for those same stats. Alabama, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.0 (above their season average of 29.5). Kira Lewis Jr. played well for Alabama, contributing 29 points and seven rebounds. Keyshawn Bryant, meanwhile played a pivotal role for South Carolina with 16 points and 10 rebounds.
The Crimson Tide won the lone contest between these two teams last year, 68-62. Alabama’s effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over South Carolina. The Crimson Tide had a rate of 0.482 while the Gamecocks posted a mark of 0.338. This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
The Gamecocks’ Maik Kotsar has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 14 points,5.8 rebounds,2.2 steals,1.2 blocks per game. Meanwhile, Lewis Jr. has averaged 21 points,7.6 assists,2.0 steals during that same time frame for the Crimson Tide.
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, this will be a matchup of two heavyweights. The elite Alabama offense ranks 60th in the NCAA in that metric at 0.527, while the top-notch South Carolina defense is ranked 18th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.449).
South Carolina vs. Alabama Betting Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Alabama, ATS Winner – Alabama, O/U – Over
- Alabama ranks third in three pointers attempted per game (31.2) while South Carolina ranks 250th (18.7).
- The Gamecocks rank 43rd in blocks per game (4.4) while the Crimson Tide rank 167th in blocks allowed per game (4.1).
- South Carolina averages 14.3 assists per game, which ranks 67th in the nation. Alabama ranks 89th in assists allowed per game (11.8).
- The Gamecocks average 37.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 76th in the nation. The Crimson Tide rank 277th in rebounds allowed per game (39.9).
- South Carolina ranks 47th in steals per game (7.8) while Alabama ranks 229th in steals allowed per game (8.5).
- During their last five games, the Gamecocks have scored an average of 77.6 points per game (5.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 75.0 points per game (6.7 above their season average).
- The Crimson Tide’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.8, down from 4.1 for the season.