The La Salle Explorers (2-0) will be at home in Tom Gola Arena when they challenge the South Alabama Jaguars (1-1). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 142.5 points with La Salle set as a 14-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 16, 2017.
South Alabama Jaguars at La Salle Explorers Free Preview
In the Jaguars last matchup, they easily got past the Mobile Rams, 71-49. With 12 points and 10 rebounds, South Alabamas Josh Ajayi played well. South Alabama dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.432 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.591. For those same stats, Mobile recorded marks of 0.155 and 0.345, respectively.
The Explorers hope to maintain momentum after topping the Penn Quakers in their last outing, 75-71. La Salle received a boost from B.J. Johnson, who was the top scorer from either team with 20 points on 9-for-20 shooting. La Salle dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.344 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 31.6. For those same stats, Penn was 0.216 and 25.5, respectively.
The physical La Salle offense might be getting to the free throw line a lot in this meeting. Dating back to last season, the Explorers rank 38th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.293, while South Alabama ranks 268th in FTA rate allowed (0.275).
Since last season, the Jaguars are 15-19 straight up (SU) and 14-15 against the spread (ATS). Since last season, South Alabama games have had a tendency to finish over the projected point total (55.2 percent).
The Explorers have had a respectable 17-15 SU record since last season, but are just 12-15-1 ATS. Vegas has had a tendency to place the total low when La Salle has been involved over that same period as 60.7 percent of their games have finished over the O/U total.
South Alabama Jaguars vs. La Salle Explorers Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – La Salle, ATS Winner – South Alabama, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Jaguars rank 160th in assists allowed per game (13.3) while the Explorers rank 259th (14.8).
- South Alabama ranks 136th in three pointers attempted per game (21.8) while La Salle ranks 203rd in three pointers allowed per game (22.0).
- La Salle ranks 72nd in rebounds allowed per game (33.3) while South Alabama ranks 262nd (37.7).
- The Jaguars rank 88th in blocks per game (3.9) while the Explorers rank 252nd (2.3).
- South Alabama ranks 48th in steals per game (7.4) while La Salle ranks 172nd in steals allowed per game (6.3).