The Texas Tech Red Raiders and South Alabama Jaguars will go head-to-head at United Supermarkets Arena to begin their seasons. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 139.5 points with Texas Tech opening as a 24.5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 9 p.m. ET on Friday, November 10, 2017.
South Alabama Jaguars at Texas Tech Red Raiders Free Preview
Texas Tech was unable reach the tournament following an 18-14 regular season campaign last season. South Alabama also failed to reach the tournament following a 14-18 regular season.
Ball protection could play an integral role in this meeting. Last season, Texas Tech committed the 52nd-fewest miscues in the nation (turnover percentage of 16.8 percent), while the pesky defense of South Alabama forced the 14th-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 22.8 percent).
The Jaguars had records of 14-18 straight up (SU) and 13-15 against the spread (ATS) last season. Of South Alabama’s 28 games with betting action last year, 16 finished over the O/U total.
The Red Raiders, meanwhile, owned records of 18-14 SU and 14-14 ATS last season. Games including Texas Tech had no tendency in regards to the projected point total as there has been an even split between games finishing over and under.
South Alabama Jaguars vs. Texas Tech Red Raiders Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Texas Tech, ATS Winner – South Alabama, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Red Raiders rank 23rd in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while the Jaguars rank 117th (3.3).
- Texas Tech averages 14.0 assists per game, which ranks 127th in the nation. South Alabama ranks 183rd in assists allowed per game (13.6).
- Texas Tech ranks sixth in rebounds allowed per game (29.8) while South Alabama ranks 279th (38.0).
- The Jaguars rank 43rd in steals per game (7.5) while the Red Raiders rank 226th (5.3).
- South Alabama ranks 125th in three pointers attempted per game (21.9) while Texas Tech ranks 279th (18.0).