The Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns (11-7, 2-3 SBC) welcome the South Alabama Jaguars (9-10, 2-4 SBC) to Cajun Dome. The Jaguars can end a six-game road losing streak. The game gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 24, 2019.
South Alabama Jaguars vs. Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last outing. The Ragin’ Cajuns fell to the Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks, 99-95, while the Jaguars lost a tough one against the Georgia Southern Eagles, 88-86.
South Alabama had a better effective field goal percentage (0.543 vs. 0.514) while Louisiana did a fantastic job of getting and making free throws (25-34; 73.5 percent). Louisiana’s Jakeenan Gant had a solid performance, recording 31 points and 10 rebounds. Meanwhile, Trhae Mitchell played a pivotal role for South Alabama with 22 points and 11 rebounds.
The Ragin’ Cajuns dominated this series last year, winning both contests. In the last contest, Louisiana won 88-71. Louisiana was effective at getting to and converting from the free throw line. The Ragin’ Cajuns made 30 of their 35 free throws (85.7 percent), while the Jaguars were just 9-13 (69.2 percent). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
This contest should be a battle of conflicting styles. Louisiana prefers a fast-paced style of play (10th in possessions per game), while South Alabama likes to grind-it-out (129th in possessions per game).
South Alabama at Louisiana Odds Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Louisiana, O/U – Under
- Louisiana averages 36.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 108th in the country. South Alabama ranks 226th in rebounds allowed per game (37.5).
- The Ragin’ Cajuns rank 36th in steals per game (8.0) while the Jaguars rank 115th (6.3).
- Louisiana averages 15.6 assists per game, which ranks 50th in the nation. South Alabama ranks 121st in assists allowed per game (12.9).
- The Ragin’ Cajuns average 4.4 blocks per game, which ranks 46th in the NCAA. The Jaguars rank 158th in blocks allowed per game (4.7).
- South Alabama ranks 10th in three pointers allowed per game (17.4) while Louisiana ranks 122nd (22.1).
- The Jaguars have been outscored by an average of 5.6 points in their last five games. For the season, South Alabama has defeated opponents by an average of 1.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Ragin’ Cajuns have scored an average of 83.2 points per game (0.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 85.6 points per game (5.5 above their season average).