The South Alabama Jaguars (9-7, 2-1 SBC) and the Little Rock Trojans (6-10, 1-2 SBC) clash at Jack Stephens Center. The Jaguars will attempt to put an end to a five-game road losing streak. Action gets underway at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 12, 2019.
South Alabama Jaguars at Little Rock Trojans Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Trojans beat the Troy Trojans, 73-59, while the Jaguars lost a close one to the Arkansas State Red Wolves, 66-65.
Little Rock had a much better turnover percentage (15.5 vs. 28.2) and held Troy to an effective field goal percentage of 0.426 (below their season average of 0.537). South Alabama, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 12.5 (better than their season average of 17.9). Little Rock was led by Markquis Nowell, who finished with 16 points and six assists. Meanwhile, Rodrick Sikes had a good game for South Alabama, contributing 24 points.
The Jaguars won the only game between these two teams last season, 73-56. The Jaguars’ 24.1 offensive rebounding percentage was their largest advantage over the Trojans, who had a mark of 15.2. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
The Jaguars’ Trhae Mitchell has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 18 points,9.6 rebounds,5.0 assists,2.6 blocks,1.6 steals per game. Meanwhile, Nowell has averaged 14 points,5.0 assists,2.4 steals during that same time frame for the Trojans.
This game should be a matchup of conflicting styles. Little Rock prefers to play up-tempo (32nd in possessions per game), while South Alabama is slower-paced (173rd in possessions per game).
South Alabama Jaguars at Little Rock Trojans Betting Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Little Rock, ATS Winner – South Alabama, O/U – Under
- South Alabama ranks ninth in three pointers allowed per game (17.4) while Little Rock ranks 247th (27.4).
- The Trojans average 35.7 rebounds per game, which ranks 150th in the country. The Jaguars rank 193rd in rebounds allowed per game (37.0).
- The Jaguars average 15.4 assists per game, which ranks 61st in the nation. The Trojans rank 195th in assists allowed per game (15.0).
- South Alabama ranks 28th in blocks per game (4.9) while Little Rock ranks 115th (3.1).
- The Trojans’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 6.2, up from 0.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Jaguars have scored an average of 79.2 points per game (5.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 70.8 points per game (1.2 above their season average).