The Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (14-14, 7-10 SBC) close out their home schedule at HTC Center against the South Alabama Jaguars (17-11, 10-7 SBC). The game gets underway at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
South Alabama Jaguars vs. Coastal Carolina Chanticleers Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Chanticleers won big over the Troy Trojans 90-60, while the Jaguars were victorious over the Appalachian State Mountaineers 78-70.
The Jaguars had a much better free throw rate (0.279 vs. 0.100) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.767 (above their season average of 0.509). Coastal Carolina, on the other hand, couldn’t miss, shooting 60.0 percent from the field. They also held Troy to a field goal percentage of just 33.3. Coastal Carolina was lifted by DeVante’ Jones, who recorded 16 points, eight rebounds and eight assists. Meanwhile, Trhae Mitchell had a good outing for South Alabama, contributing 15 points and six rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Tommy Burton led the Chanticleers to an 81-69 win. He registered a double-double with 19 points and 12 rebounds. Coastal Carolina had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (40.5 vs. 16.3). South Alabama, on the other hand, did an excellent job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (19-25; 76.0 percent).
This contest should be a showdown of opposite styles. Coastal Carolina has preferred to play up-tempo (33rd in possessions per game), while South Alabama has been more methodical (296th in possessions per game). Additionally, the Jaguars rank 16th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.290), while the Chanticleers rank 343rd in opponents’ FTA rate (0.319).
South Alabama Jaguars vs. Coastal Carolina Chanticleers Odds Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Coastal Carolina, ATS Winner – Coastal Carolina, O/U – Under
- Coastal Carolina ranks 11th in rebounds per game (40.4) while South Alabama ranks 241st (33.3).
- The Chanticleers rank 118th in assists per game (13.6) while the Jaguars rank 242nd (11.1).
- Coastal Carolina blocks 3.0 opponent shots per game, which ranks 126th in the NCAA. South Alabama ranks 149th in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- The Jaguars rank 31st in steals allowed per game (5.2) while the Chanticleers rank 190th (7.3).
- Coastal Carolina ranks 142nd in three pointers attempted per game (21.9) while South Alabama ranks 289th (16.3).
- During their last five games, the Jaguars have scored an average of 71.0 points per game (0.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.8 points per game (2.2 below their season average).
- The Chanticleers have been outscored by an average of 3.0 points in their last five games. For the season, Coastal Carolina has defeated opponents by an average of 2.2 points.