The SMU Mustangs (18-7, 8-5 AAC) and their outstanding offense visit Tulsa to take on the Golden Hurricane (17-9, 9-4 AAC) and their exceptional defense. Action begins at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020, and can be seen on ESPNews.
SMU Mustangs vs. Tulsa Golden Hurricane ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last contest. The Golden Hurricane lost big to the 22nd-ranked Houston Cougars, 76-43, while the Mustangs lost to the Tulane Green Wave, 80-72.
SMU forced Tulane into a turnover percentage of 27.3 (above their season average of 14.8) while Tulsa had a better effective field goal percentage (0.391 vs. 0.491). Tulsa rallied around Jeriah Horne, who contributed 12 points and seven rebounds. Isiaha Mike had a solid performance for SMU, contributing 18 points and six rebounds.
The Mustangs dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the most recent contest, SMU won 74-65. SMU did an excellent job of making free throws (16-22; 72.7 percent). Tulsa, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (24.4 vs. 15.6). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
This matchup pits one of the NCAA’s top offenses against one of its elite defenses. SMU ranks 14th in offensive efficiency and Tulsa ranks 54th in defensive efficiency.
SMU Mustangs at Tulsa Golden Hurricane Odds Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Tulsa, ATS Winner – SMU, O/U – Over
- SMU ranks 73rd in three pointers attempted per game (24.4) while Tulsa ranks 270th in three pointers allowed per game (25.8).
- The Mustangs rank 39th in rebounds allowed per game (31.7) while the Golden Hurricane rank 140th (34.8).
- SMU blocks 3.1 opponent shots per game, which ranks 116th in the NCAA. Tulsa ranks 128th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- The Mustangs rank 16th in assists per game (16.2) while the Golden Hurricane rank 173rd (12.7).
- Tulsa averages 7.7 steals per game, which ranks 53rd in the nation. SMU ranks 178th in steals allowed per game (7.2).
- The Golden Hurricane have been outscored by an average of 7.0 points in their last five games. For the season, Tulsa has defeated opponents by an average of 4.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Mustangs have scored an average of 79.2 points per game (3.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 78.2 points per game (8.8 above their season average).