A five-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the Jacksonville State Gamecocks (11-5, 3-0 OVC) when they welcome the SIUE Cougars (5-10, 1-2 OVC) to Pete Mathews Coliseum. Action starts at 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 12, 2019.
SIUE Cougars at Jacksonville State Gamecocks Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Gamecocks defeated the Eastern Illinois Panthers, 69-62, while the Cougars were beaten by the Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles, 78-69.
Jacksonville State dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.6 (below their season average of 32.4) and a turnover percentage of 15.1 (better than their season average of 15.7). For those same stats, Eastern Illinois was 20.6 and 18.0, respectively. SIUE, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 8.8 (better than their season average of 15.8). Jason Burnell played a pivotal role for Jacksonville State with 18 points and five rebounds. David McFarland had a solid performance for SIUE, recording 17 points, five rebounds and five steals.
The Cougars won the sole contest between these two teams last season, 75-67. The Cougars’ offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest strength over the Gamecocks. SIUE had a rate of 27.3, while Jacksonville State posted a mark of 21.9. This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
Jacksonville State appears to have the advantage on the defensive side of the ball. The Gamecocks currently rank 93rd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.478), while SIUE is 305th in effective field goal percentage (0.475).
SIUE Cougars at Jacksonville State Gamecocks Free Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Jacksonville State, ATS Winner – SIUE, O/U – Over
- Jacksonville State ranks 62nd in rebounds per game (38.4) while SIUE ranks 189th in rebounds allowed per game (36.8).
- The Gamecocks average 8.7 steals per game, which ranks 20th in the nation. The Cougars rank 101st in steals allowed per game (6.4).
- Jacksonville State averages 13.7 assists per game, which ranks 129th in the nation. SIUE ranks 178th in assists allowed per game (14.5).
- The Gamecocks rank 46th in blocks per game (4.4) while the Cougars rank 168th (2.1).
- SIUE ranks 158th in three pointers attempted per game (22.1) while Jacksonville State ranks 256th (18.3).
- The Gamecocks’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.8, up from 8.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cougars have scored an average of 81.0 points per game (5.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 77.6 points per game (2.7 below their season average).