The Eastern Illinois Panthers (10-18, 6-11 OVC) and SIUE Cougars (9-19, 5-12 OVC) will face off at Lantz Arena to wrap up the regular season. Tip-off is scheduled for 4:15 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 24, 2018.
SIUE Cougars vs. Eastern Illinois Panthers ATS Preview
In the Cougars last game, they fell to the Austin Peay Governors, 86-82. SIUE’s Jalen Henry had a solid game, leading both teams in scoring with 26 points on 8-for-18 shooting. Austin Peay had a better turnover percentage (14.8 vs. 18.5). SIUE, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.9 (above their season average of 29.0).
The Panthers are hoping for a better outcome after their 76-66 loss to the Murray State Racers in their last contest. With 16 points, nine assists and six rebounds, Eastern Illinois Montell Goodwin had a solid performance. Murray State did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (13-18; 72.2 percent). Eastern Illinois, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 8.3 (better than their season average of 17.8).
It could be an error-filled game for the SIUE offense. SIUE ranks 260th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.8 percent), while the gambling defense of Eastern Illinois forces the 96th-most turnovers in the nation (20.3 percent).
Goodwin has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Eastern Illinois, averaging 19.4 points and 4.6 assists per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Panthers won 78-74. Eastern Illinois launched 16 three pointers, making seven of them (43.8 percent), while SIUE was 6-21 (28.6 percent). Goodwin was a top performer in the victory, with 21 points, five rebounds and five assists.
SIUE Cougars vs. Eastern Illinois Panthers Prediction
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Eastern Illinois, ATS Winner – Eastern Illinois, O/U – Over
- The Panthers rank 162nd in steals per game (5.8) while the Cougars rank 171st in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- Eastern Illinois ranks 43rd in blocks per game (4.4) while SIUE ranks 165th (2.8).
- The Cougars rank 49th in three pointers allowed per game (19.7) while the Panthers rank 92nd (20.6).
- Eastern Illinois ranks 201st in rebounds per game (34.2) while SIUE ranks 232nd (33.6).
- The Panthers average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.6, up from 2.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cougars have scored an average of 73.2 points per game (2.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 77.4 points per game (2.4 below their season average).