The SIUE Cougars (7-22, 4-12 OVC) will be at Skyhawk Arena to square off against the UT Martin Skyhawks (8-19, 4-12 OVC) in an OVC matchup. Action begins at 8:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 27, 2020.
SIUE Cougars vs. UT Martin Skyhawks Betting Odds
Both teams lost in their last matchup. The Skyhawks lost to the Jacksonville State Gamecocks, 72-58, while the Cougars lost a tough one against the Murray State Racers, 59-58.
SIUE did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (16-22; 72.7 percent) while UT Martin had a better effective field goal percentage (0.560 vs. 0.594). UT Martin was lifted by Quintin Dove, who contributed 26 points and five rebounds. Tyresse Williford, meanwhile played well for SIUE, finishing with 14 points and seven assists.
In their first matchup this year, Parker Stewart led the Skyhawks to a 79-76 win. He put up 16 points and seven assists. UT Martin’s free throw rate was their largest strength over SIUE. The Skyhawks had a rate of 0.291, while the Cougars posted a mark of 0.167.
UT Martin appears to have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Skyhawks currently rank 61st in offensive efficiency, while the Cougars rank 299th in defensive efficiency. Moreover, the Cougars rank 279th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.200), while the Skyhawks rank 49th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.186).
SIUE Cougars at UT Martin Skyhawks Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – UT Martin, ATS Winner – UT Martin, O/U – Over
- SIUE averages 13.5 assists per game, which ranks 114th in the NCAA. UT Martin ranks 270th in assists allowed per game (18.0).
- The Skyhawks rank 135th in three pointers attempted per game (22.2) while the Cougars rank 274th (18.0).
- SIUE ranks 210th in rebounds per game (34.2) while UT Martin ranks 266th (32.6).
- During their last five games, the Skyhawks have scored an average of 67.2 points per game (8.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 75.6 points per game (6.4 below their season average).
- The Cougars’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.6, down from 6.4 for the season.