The Stetson Hatters (2-1) will be at home in Edmunds Center when they go head-to-head against the SIUE Cougars (0-2). Action gets underway at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 18, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
SIUE Cougars vs. Stetson Hatters Betting Preview
In the Cougars last matchup, they lost big to the Valparaiso Crusaders, 94-69. SIUEs Jalen Henry had a good game, finishing with 21 points and nine rebounds. Valparaiso had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.609 vs. 0.392). SIUE, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (30.2 vs. 18.2).
The Hatters are hoping for a better outcome after their 75-72 loss to the South Florida Bulls in their last game. Divine Myles was the top scorer from either team with 20 points on 8-for-12 shooting. South Florida did a terrific job of converting from the charity stripe (15-21; 71.4 percent). Stetson, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (5.7 vs. 18.5).
It will be a matchup of conflicting styles as the fast-paced Hatters will look to push the more half-court-oriented Cougars. Since the 2016-17 season, the Hatters rank 15th in possessions per game while the Cougars are 121st.
The Hatters won the lone game against the Cougars last season, 80-72. Stetsons effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over SIUE. The Hatters had a rate of 0.525 while the Cougars posted a mark of 0.408.
SIUE Cougars vs. Stetson Hatters Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Stetson, ATS Winner – Stetson, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Hatters rank 42nd in steals allowed per game (5.2) while the Cougars rank 195th (6.5).
- SIUE ranks 201st in blocks per game (2.8) while Stetson ranks 255th (2.3).
- SIUE ranks 21st in three pointers allowed per game (17.8) while Stetson ranks 277th (24.0).
- The Hatters rank 133rd in assists per game (14.0) while the Cougars rank 310th (10.4).
- SIUE averages 36.0 rebounds per game, which ranks 158th in the NCAA. Stetson ranks 321st in rebounds allowed per game (42.8).