The SIUE Cougars (5-13, 1-5 OVC) visit Show Me Center to take on the Southeast Missouri State Redhawks (6-13, 1-5 OVC). The Cougars look to put an end to their five-game losing streak. Action gets underway at 8:45 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 24, 2019.
SIUE Cougars vs. Southeast Missouri State Redhawks ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last game. The Redhawks lost a tough one against the Eastern Kentucky Colonels, 85-83, while the Cougars were beaten by the Murray State Racers, 82-72.
SIUE held Murray State to an offensive rebounding percentage of 13.0 (below their season average of 34.1) while Southeast Missouri State had a better turnover percentage (14.7 vs. 18.0). Skyler Hogan led the way for Southeast Missouri State, recording 20 points and five rebounds. SIUE was led by Tyresse Williford, who recorded 33 points.
In their first matchup this season, Cameron Williams led the Cougars to a 94-88 win. He scored a game-high 27 points. The Cougars’ 16.2 turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Redhawks, who had a mark of 18.5.
This has potential to be a mistake-prone game for the offense of Southeast Missouri State. Southeast Missouri State ranks 279th in the country in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.6 percent), while the gambling defense of SIUE forces the 53rd-most turnovers in the NCAA (22.2 percent).
SIUE vs. Southeast Missouri State Free Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Southeast Missouri State, ATS Winner – Southeast Missouri State, O/U – Over
- SIUE ranks 79th in three pointers allowed per game (20.8) while Southeast Missouri State ranks 231st (25.2).
- The Cougars rank 65th in steals per game (7.3) while the Redhawks rank 75th in steals allowed per game (5.8).
- The Redhawks rank 127th in rebounds per game (36.1) while the Cougars rank 209th in rebounds allowed per game (37.1).
- Southeast Missouri State ranks 141st in assists per game (13.4) while SIUE ranks 207th in assists allowed per game (15.1).
- During their last five games, the Cougars have scored an average of 69.4 points per game (4.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 82.6 points per game (1.8 above their season average).
- The Redhawks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.4, up from 2.5 for the season.