The Eastern Illinois Panthers (12-12, 5-7 OVC) welcome the SIUE Cougars (6-19, 3-9 OVC) to Lantz Arena. The Cougars can end a five-game road losing streak. Action starts at 8:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 13, 2020.
SIUE Cougars vs. Eastern Illinois Panthers Betting Odds
Both teams defeated their last opponent. The Panthers defeated the Morehead State Eagles 71-65, while the Cougars beat the Eastern Kentucky Colonels 83-75.
SIUE played a nearly perfect game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.527 (above their season average of 0.474) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.5 (above their season average of 26.2). Eastern Kentucky was 0.360 and 28.0, respectively, for those same stats. Eastern Illinois, meanwhile, played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.4 (better than their season average of 16.0) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.484 (below their season average of 0.516). Morehead State was 16.7 and 0.390, respectively, for those same stats. Josiah Wallace played well for Eastern Illinois, finishing with 25 points and eight rebounds. SIUE received a boost from Anselm Uzuegbunem, who recorded 12 points and 10 rebounds.
The Panthers dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the last game, Eastern Illinois won 79-65. Eastern Illinois had a much better turnover percentage (15.1 vs. 21.4). SIUE, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (36.1 vs. 35.3). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
It could be an error-filled game for the SIUE offense. SIUE ranks 238th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.1 percent), while the pesky defense of Eastern Illinois forces the 72nd-most turnovers in the country (21.7 percent).
SIUE vs. Eastern Illinois ATS Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Eastern Illinois, ATS Winner – Eastern Illinois, O/U – Under
- Eastern Illinois ranks 85th in assists allowed per game (11.6) while SIUE ranks 245th (15.5).
- The Panthers rank 229th in three pointers attempted per game (19.3) while the Cougars rank 264th (17.7).
- Eastern Illinois ranks 54th in steals per game (7.7) while SIUE ranks 80th in steals allowed per game (6.0).
- The Panthers rank 27th in blocks per game (4.7) while the Cougars rank 129th (3.0).
- Eastern Illinois averages 37.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 86th in the country. SIUE ranks 178th in rebounds allowed per game (35.6).
- During their last five games, the Panthers have scored an average of 70.0 points per game (5.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.2 points per game (2.1 above their season average).
- The Cougars’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 9.4, up from 6.6 for the season.