The Saint Peter’s Peacocks (11-17, 5-12 MAAC) and Siena Saints (8-22, 4-13 MAAC) will go head-to-head at Yanitelli Center to close out the regular season. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 123.5 points with Saint Peter’s set as a 6.5-point favorite. Action gets underway at 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 25, 2018.
Siena Saints vs. Saint Peter’s Peacocks Free Preview
The last time the Saints played, they lost a close one to the Fairfield Stags, 70-69. With 16 points on 5-for-7 shooting, Kadeem Smithen led Siena in scoring. Fairfield had a turnover percentage of 7.0 (better than their season average of 16.0). Siena, meanwhile, held the Stags to an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.6 (below the 29.8 mark opponents have averaged against Siena this season).
The Peacocks hope to maintain momentum after defeating the Quinnipiac Bobcats in their last contest, 52-43. Saint Peter’s Samuel Idowu led the way, putting up 11 points and 10 rebounds. The Peacocks held the Bobcats to an effective field goal percentage of 0.324 (below their season average of 0.506). The Bobcats had a free throw rate of 0.148 (below their season average of 0.271).
It could be a sloppy game for the Siena offense. Siena ranks 342nd in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 22.3 percent), while the gambling defense of Saint Peter’s forces the 35th-most turnovers in the nation (21.9 percent).
Both of these teams tend to go under the O/U total. Siena games have gone under 59.1 percent of the time, while games featuring Saint Peter’s have gone under 56.5 percent of the time. The Peacocks have the superior straight up (SU) record (11-17 vs. 8-22) and a narrow edge against the spread (ATS) (8-15 vs. 8-13-1).
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined for 116 points in that game, which was under the projected point total of 128. The Saints won 59-57, covering as 3-point underdogs. Siena won the rebounding battle. The Saints had more offensive rebounds (16 vs. six), defensive rebounds (37 vs. 31) and total rebounds (53 vs. 37). Idowu recorded a double-double in the defeat, with 17 points and 13 rebounds.
Siena Saints at Saint Peter’s Peacocks ATS Prediction
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Saint Peter’s, ATS Winner – Siena, O/U – Over
- The Peacocks rank 234th in assists per game (11.9) while the Saints rank 255th (11.4).
- Siena is 3-8 ATS on the road with 6 unders and 5 overs.
- At home, Saint Peter’s is 3-5 ATS with 6 overs and 2 unders.
- Saint Peter’s ranks 32nd in steals allowed per game (5.2) while Siena ranks 188th (7.0).
- The Saints rank 114th in rebounds per game (36.2) while the Peacocks rank 264th (32.3).
- Saint Peter’s ranks 101st in three pointers attempted per game (23.4) while Siena ranks 246th (18.8).
- Saint Peter’s is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Siena is 2-2-1 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Peacocks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 6.0, up from 2.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Saints have scored an average of 75.2 points per game (6.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 85.4 points per game (9.6 above their season average).