The Louisville Cardinals (4-2) will be at home in KFC Yum! Center when they take on the Siena Saints (2-5). The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 146.5 points with Louisville set as a 24-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 6, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN2.
Siena Saints vs. Louisville Cardinals Betting Preview
The Saints barely escaped the Robert Morris Colonials in their last outing, 76-74. With 14 points and nine rebounds, Roman Penn played well for Siena. Siena dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.423 (above their season average of 0.230) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.519 (above their season average of 0.481). Robert Morris was 0.149 and 0.478, respectively, for those same stats.
The last time the Cardinals played, they were defeated by the Seton Hall Pirates, 79-77. Deng Adel led Louisville in scoring with 20 points on 7-for-12 shooting. Seton Hall forced the Cardinals into a turnover percentage of 19.7 (above their season average of 14.8). Louisville, meanwhile, did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (14-19; 73.7 percent).
The productive offense of Louisville will square off against the bottom-tier defense of Siena. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Cardinals rank 58th in offensive efficiency, while the Saints are 285th in defensive efficiency. The Cardinals figure to have the edge on that end of the court.
Both of these teams have a tendency to go under the O/U total. Siena games have finished under 66.7 percent of the time, while games involving Louisville have finished under 60.0 percent of the time. The Cardinals hold the sizable advantage straight up (SU) (4-2 vs. 2-5), but the Saints have the superior against the spread (ATS) record (2-1 vs. 1-4).
Siena Saints vs. Louisville Cardinals Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Louisville, ATS Winner – Siena, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Cardinals rank 217th in three pointers attempted per game (20.0) while the Saints rank 310th (16.8).
- Louisville ranks 24th in rebounds per game (39.8) while Siena ranks 101st in rebounds allowed per game (34.1).
- Louisville ranks 10th in blocks per game (5.7) while Siena ranks 165th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- The Cardinals rank 43rd in steals allowed per game (5.2) while the Saints rank 190th (6.6).
- Louisville ranks 20th in assists allowed per game (10.7) while Siena ranks 146th (13.1).