The Siena Saints (7-6, 3-1 MAAC) and the Manhattan Jaspers (6-6, 2-1 MAAC) clash at Draddy Gymnasium. The Saints look to snap a six-game road losing streak. The game gets underway at 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, January 12, 2020.
Siena Saints at Manhattan Jaspers Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Jaspers lost to the Fairfield Stags, 68-60, while the Saints edged the Saint Peter’s Peacocks, 61-58.
Siena dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.264 (above their season average of 0.250) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0 (above their season average of 29.7). Saint Peter’s had marks of 0.068 and 32.4, respectively, for those same stats. Manhattan, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 9.7 (better than their season average of 19.1). Warren Williams had a solid game for Manhattan with 19 points. Siena, meanwhile, received a boost from Manny Camper, who recorded 11 points and 12 rebounds.
The Saints dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the most recent matchup, Siena won 51-49. The Saints’ 12.2 turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Jaspers, who had a mark of 24.1. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Looking at effective field goal percentage, Manhattan figures to have a significant edge. The Jaspers defense ranks 85th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.461), while the Siena offense is ranked 226th in effective field goal percentage (0.490).
Siena Saints at Manhattan Jaspers Odds Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Manhattan, ATS Winner – Manhattan, O/U – Under
- Siena averages 38.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 72nd in the country. Manhattan ranks 212th in rebounds allowed per game (37.9).
- The Jaspers rank 36th in three pointers allowed per game (18.5) while the Saints rank 129th (21.8).
- Manhattan ranks 45th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while Siena ranks 133rd (4.3).
- During their last five games, the Jaspers have scored an average of 61.4 points per game (0.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 63.8 points per game (0.3 below their season average).
- The Saints’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.2, up from 0.3 for the season.