The Siena Saints (7-7, 3-2 MAAC) head to Koessler Athletic Center to square off against the Canisius Golden Griffins (6-10, 1-4 MAAC). The Saints can snap a seven-game road losing streak. The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, January 17, 2020.
Siena Saints at Canisius Golden Griffins Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Golden Griffins were victorious over the Saint Peter’s Peacocks, 72-68, while the Saints lost to the Manhattan Jaspers, 81-69.
Canisius played a nearly perfect contest. They had a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 29.0 (above their season average of 29.0) and a free throw rate of 0.380 (above their season average of 0.242). Saint Peter’s was 21.2 and 0.302, respectively, for those same stats. Siena, on the other hand, had a free throw rate of 0.283 (above their season average of 0.251). Canisius received a boost from Malik Johnson, who contributed 15 points, nine rebounds and five assists. Manny Camper, meanwhile had a good game for Siena, finishing with 22 points and 10 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Jalen Pickett led the Saints to a 73-72 victory. He recorded 22 points, six rebounds and five assists. Siena had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (27.0 vs. 5.9). Canisius, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (15.4 vs. 18.5).
It could be a tough game for Canisius on the offensive glass. The Golden Griffins rank 161st in offensive rebounding percentage (29.0 percent), while Siena ranks 10th in defensive rebounding percentage (78.0 percent).
Siena Saints at Canisius Golden Griffins Betting Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Canisius, ATS Winner – Siena, O/U – Over
- Canisius ranks 36th in steals per game (8.5) while Siena ranks 177th (5.6).
- The Saints rank 72nd in rebounds per game (38.4) while the Golden Griffins rank 174th in rebounds allowed per game (36.1).
- Canisius ranks 90th in assists per game (14.1) while Siena ranks 113th in assists allowed per game (12.3).
- During their last five games, the Saints have scored an average of 71.2 points per game (1.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.6 points per game (1.8 below their season average).
- The Golden Griffins’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 6.2, up from 1.9 for the season.