The Seton Hall Pirates (10-3, 1-0 Big East) will be at the Cintas Center to take on the Xavier Musketeers (9-5, 1-0 Big East) in a Big East matchup. The game begins at 6:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 2, 2019.
Seton Hall Pirates at Xavier Musketeers Betting Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Musketeers beat the IUPUI Jaguars 82-69, while the Pirates dismantled the Wagner Seahawks 89-49.
Seton Hall played a flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.328 and a turnover percentage of 10.4. Wagner put up marks of 0.125 and 20.9, respectively, for those same stats. The Musketeers, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (32.5 vs. 23.1) and had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.538 vs. 0.438). Ryan Welage had a solid game for Xavier with 24 points and seven rebounds. Seton Hall was lifted by Myles Powell, who finished with 30 points.
The Musketeers dominated this series last year, winning both contests. In the last matchup, Xavier won 102-90. Xavier did a fantastic job of getting and making free throws (28-35; 80.0 percent). Seton Hall, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (35.9 vs. 20.8). This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
Powell has really been playing well recently for Seton Hall, averaging 0 points over the last five games.
Seton Hall does a great job at getting to the charity stripe. They rank 57th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.279), but Xavier is among the best in the NCAA at keeping opponents off the line (ranking 42nd by allowing a FTA rate of 0.182).
Seton Hall Pirates at Xavier Musketeers Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Seton Hall, ATS Winner – Xavier, O/U – Under
- Xavier ranks 43rd in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while Seton Hall ranks 147th (4.5).
- The Pirates average 20.2 three pointers per game, which ranks 201st in the country. The Musketeers rank 214th in three pointers allowed per game (25.3).
- Xavier averages 36.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 126th in the country. Seton Hall ranks 133rd in rebounds allowed per game (35.5).
- The Pirates rank 24th in steals allowed per game (5.0) while the Musketeers rank 109th (6.5).
- Xavier averages 14.8 assists per game, which ranks 74th in the country. Seton Hall ranks 100th in assists allowed per game (12.8).
- The Pirates’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.4, up from 5.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Musketeers have scored an average of 78.8 points per game (3.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 79.6 points per game (9.5 above their season average).