The No. 15 Seton Hall Pirates (9-1) head to Louis Brown Athletic Center to square off against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights (9-3). The Pirates look to continue their five-game winning streak. Action starts at 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 16, 2017.
Seton Hall Pirates at Rutgers Scarlet Knights Betting Preview
The last time the Pirates played, they easily got past the Saint Peter’s Peacocks, 84-61. Angel Delgado was the top scorer from either team with 18 points on 7-for-11 shooting. Seton Hall dominated every facet of the game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.279 (above their season average of 0.223) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 47.1 (above their season average of 36.4). Saint Peter’s was 0.121 and 25.0, respectively, for those same stats.
The Scarlet Knights come in on a high note after topping the Fordham Rams in their last contest, 75-63. With 14 points on 6-for-9 shooting, Deshawn Freeman was Rutgers high scorer. Rutgers played a nearly perfect game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 40.5 (above their season average of 38.7) and a turnover percentage of 16.4 (worse than their season average of 13.7). Fordham was 14.3 and 20.9, respectively, for those same stats.
Rutgers might struggle to find the bottom of the net as they go head-to-head against one of the nations best defenses. Seton Hall ranks 59th in defensive efficiency, while the Scarlet Knights rank 281st in offensive efficiency.
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Pirates, it’s been Desi Rodriguez, who has averaged 21.8 points, 5.8 rebounds and 1.2 steals, while the Scarlet Knights have received solid contributions from Geo Baker (11.6 points and 4.2 assists).
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year, after the Pirates won the sole game last season, 72-61. The Pirates played a nearly perfect game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 36.2 and a turnover percentage of 16.4. The Scarlet Knights were 16.2 and 23.4, respectively, for those same stats.
Seton Hall Pirates at Rutgers Scarlet Knights ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Seton Hall, ATS Winner – Seton Hall, O/U – Under
- The Scarlet Knights rank 32nd in blocks per game (5.8) while the Pirates rank 107th (3.4).
- Seton Hall ranks 215th in three pointers attempted per game (18.8) while Rutgers ranks 271st (16.0).
- Seton Hall ranks 57th in assists per game (15.8) while Rutgers ranks 232nd (12.3).
- The Pirates rank 33rd in rebounds allowed per game (31.6) while the Scarlet Knights rank 140th (35.3).
- Seton Hall ranks 38th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while Rutgers ranks 124th (6.4).
- The Scarlet Knights average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.4, down from 15.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pirates have scored an average of 82.8 points per game (0.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 68.6 points per game (1.4 above their season average).