A six-game road winning streak is on the line for the 10th-ranked Seton Hall Pirates (18-6, 10-2 Big East) when they take on the Providence Friars (13-12, 6-6 Big East) at Dunkin’ Donuts Center. The game starts at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020, and will air on CBS Sports Network.
Seton Hall Pirates vs. Providence Friars Betting Odds
Both teams fell in their last game. The Friars fell to the St. John’s Red Storm, 80-69, while the Pirates were defeated by the 23rd-ranked Creighton Bluejays, 87-82.
Seton Hall had an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.7 (above their season average of 28.8) while Providence had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (37.5 vs. 27.8). Alpha Diallo was a key piece for Providence with 19 points and 17 rebounds. Quincy McKnight played well for Seton Hall, finishing with 20 points and six assists.
In their first matchup this season, Romaro Gill led the Pirates to a 73-64 win. He was the game’s leading scorer with 17 points. Seton Hall did a great job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (18-25; 72.0 percent). Providence, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (48.7 vs. 33.3).
The offensive glass should be a huge advantage for Providence in this contest. The Friars rank 31st in offensive rebounding percentage (33.7 percent), while Seton Hall ranks 275th in defensive rebounding percentage (70.0 percent). Furthermore, the Pirates rank 16th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.441), while the Friars rank 320th in effective field goal percentage (0.463).
Seton Hall Pirates vs. Providence Friars Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Providence, ATS Winner – Providence, O/U – Over
- Providence ranks 51st in rebounds per game (38.3) while Seton Hall ranks 228th in rebounds allowed per game (37.1).
- The Pirates rank 68th in assists per game (14.4) while the Friars rank 123rd in assists allowed per game (12.4).
- The Pirates average 6.5 blocks per game, which ranks second in the nation. The Friars rank 135th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- Providence averages 8.3 steals per game, which ranks 27th in the NCAA. Seton Hall ranks 131st in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- During their last five games, the Friars have scored an average of 65.0 points per game (5.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.0 points per game (1.5 below their season average).
- The Pirates’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.6, down from 8.3 for the season.