The 16th-ranked Seton Hall Pirates (6-2) will travel to James H. Hilton Coliseum to clash against the Iowa State Cyclones (5-3). The game can be seen on ESPN2 at 9 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 8, 2019.
Seton Hall Pirates vs. Iowa State Cyclones ATS Odds
The Cyclones will look to maintain momentum after dismantling the Kansas City Roos in their last outing, 79-61. Iowa State’s Tyrese Haliburton played a key role with 19 points, seven assists and six rebounds. Iowa State played a perfect game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.423 (above their season average of 0.188) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.6 (above their season average of 26.0). For those same stats, Kansas City was 0.127 and 12.5, respectively.
The last time the Pirates played it was against the Cyclones. The Pirates won 84-76. Seton Hall had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (37.5 vs. 24.3). Iowa State, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (16.8 vs. 19.9). Despite the loss, Haliburton was a top performer in the game with 19 points and seven assists.
Iowa State should have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. Dating back to last season, the Cyclones rank 31st in offensive efficiency, while the Pirates rank 173rd in defensive efficiency.
Seton Hall Pirates vs. Iowa State Cyclones Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Seton Hall, ATS Winner – Seton Hall, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Iowa State ranks 23rd in blocks per game (4.7) while Seton Hall ranks 213th in blocks allowed per game (4.2).
- The Cyclones rank 37th in steals allowed per game (5.3) while the Pirates rank 99th (5.9).
- Seton Hall averages 36.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 132nd in the NCAA. Iowa State ranks 181st in rebounds allowed per game (35.5).
- The Cyclones rank 41st in assists per game (15.4) while the Pirates rank 140th in assists allowed per game (12.6).
- Iowa State ranks 112th in three pointers attempted per game (23.5) while Seton Hall ranks 189th in three pointers allowed per game (22.7).