The 22nd-ranked Seton Hall Pirates (6-3) and their sensational offense head to Rutgers to take on the Scarlet Knights (7-3) and their superb defense. The game gets underway at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 14, 2019.
Seton Hall Pirates at Rutgers Scarlet Knights Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Scarlet Knights beat the Wisconsin Badgers, 72-65, while the Pirates lost to the Iowa State Cyclones, 76-66.
The Scarlet Knights held the Badgers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 10.3 (below their season average of 29.4). The Badgers also had a turnover percentage of 20.3 (above their season average of 15.2). Seton Hall, on the other hand, held Iowa State to an effective field goal percentage of 0.417 (below their season average of 0.530). Rutgers was lifted by Geo Baker, who contributed 22 points. Myles Powell had a good outing for Seton Hall, contributing 19 points and eight rebounds.
The Pirates won the only contest between these two teams last season, 72-66. Seton Hall had a much better free throw rate (0.429 vs. 0.127). Rutgers, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (45.5 vs. 22.9).
Rutgers figures to have an advantage on the offensive glass in this meeting. Dating back to last season, the Scarlet Knights rank 39th in offensive rebounding percentage (33.6 percent), while Seton Hall ranks 213th in defensive rebounding percentage (70.9 percent). Moreover, the 51st-ranked offense of the Pirates (offensive efficiency of 106.2) will square off against the 51st-ranked defense of the Scarlet Knights (defensive efficiency of 99.1).
Seton Hall Pirates vs. Rutgers Scarlet Knights Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Rutgers, ATS Winner – Rutgers, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Seton Hall ranks 65th in three pointers attempted per game (22.5) while Rutgers ranks 235th (19.4).
- The Pirates average 7.1 steals per game, which ranks 49th in the NCAA. The Scarlet Knights rank 120th in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- Seton Hall ranks 33rd in assists allowed per game (12.6) while Rutgers ranks 104th (12.4).
- The Scarlet Knights average 39.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 37th in the country. The Pirates rank 164th in rebounds allowed per game (35.8).
- Seton Hall ranks 25th in blocks per game (4.1) while Rutgers ranks 150th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).