The Seton Hall Pirates (1-0) and their sensational offense travel to Nebraska to take on the Cornhuskers (2-0) and their stifling defense. Action starts at 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 14, 2018.
Seton Hall Pirates vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers ATS Odds
Both teams blew out their last opponent. The Cornhuskers defeated the Southeastern Louisiana Lions 87-35, while the Pirates beat the Wagner Seahawks 89-49.
Seton Hall played a perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.328 and a turnover percentage of 10.4. Wagner had marks of 0.125 and 20.9, respectively, for those same stats. The Cornhuskers, meanwhile, had a much better free throw rate (0.309 vs. 0.036) and had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.636 vs. 0.295). James Palmer Jr. had a solid performance for Nebraska, recording 17 points. Seton Hall rallied around Myles Powell, who put up 30 points.
There’s a decent chance that Seton Hall struggles to create turnovers. Dating back to the 2017-18 season, Nebraska ranks 35th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.3 percent), while Seton Hall has forced the 234th-most turnovers (18.1 percent). Additionally, the 42nd-ranked offense of the Pirates (offensive efficiency of 112.7) will go head-to-head against the 31st-ranked defense of the Cornhuskers (defensive efficiency of 97.5).
Seton Hall at Nebraska Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Seton Hall, ATS Winner – Seton Hall, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Seton Hall ranks 46th in rebounds per game (38.3) while Nebraska ranks 279th in rebounds allowed per game (37.9).
- The Pirates rank 48th in assists per game (15.6) while the Cornhuskers rank 133rd (14.0).
- Nebraska ranks 39th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while Seton Hall ranks 109th (5.9).
- The Cornhuskers rank 17th in three pointers allowed per game (18.0) while the Pirates rank 207th (22.9).
- Nebraska ranks sixth in blocks per game (5.7) while Seton Hall ranks 122nd in blocks allowed per game (3.2).