The Chicago State Cougars (3-16, 0-4 WAC) welcome the Seattle Redhawks (12-8, 0-5 WAC) to Jones Convocation Center, where both teams will will try to end their losing streaks. The Cougars are on an eight game skid, while the Redhawks have lost five games in a row. Action begins at 8:05 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 24, 2019.
Seattle Redhawks at Chicago State Cougars ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last contest. The Cougars fell to the Bakersfield Roadrunners, 86-73, while the Redhawks were defeated by the UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros, 67-62.
Seattle held UT Rio Grande Valley to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.2 (below their season average of 27.5) while Chicago State did a fantastic job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (23-27; 85.2 percent). Chicago State rallied around Anthony Harris, who recorded 21 points. Myles Carter, meanwhile led the way for Seattle, contributing 28 points and 15 rebounds.
The Redhawks dominated this series last year, securing victories in both contests. In the last game, Seattle won 91-81. Seattle did an excellent job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (28-39; 71.8 percent). Chicago State, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (14.9 vs. 25.5). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Second-chance points might be scarce for Chicago State in this contest. The Cougars are among the NCAA’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking 303rd in offensive rebounding percentage at 24.7 percent. Meanwhile, Seattle ranks 96th in the nation at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 73.7 percent.
Seattle Redhawks at Chicago State Cougars Betting Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Chicago State, O/U – Under
- Seattle ranks sixth in assists allowed per game (9.7) while Chicago State ranks 242nd (17.1).
- The Redhawks average 3.8 blocks per game, which ranks 74th in the country. The Cougars rank 123rd in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- Seattle ranks 177th in steals per game (5.2) while Chicago State ranks 186th in steals allowed per game (8.5).
- The Redhawks rank 46th in three pointers allowed per game (19.7) while the Cougars rank 269th (27.6).
- Seattle ranks 80th in rebounds allowed per game (33.5) while Chicago State ranks 237th (37.9).
- During their last five games, the Cougars have scored an average of 65.0 points per game (0.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 84.6 points per game (1.0 below their season average).
- The Redhawks have been outscored by an average of 13.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Seattle has defeated opponents by an average of 6.7 points.