The Seattle Redhawks (19-10, 8-4 WAC) will travel to Rabobank Arena to challenge the Bakersfield Roadrunners (11-16, 4-8 WAC) in their home finale. Tip-off is set for 9 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 24, 2018.
Seattle Redhawks at Bakersfield Roadrunners Odds Preview
In the Redhawks last outing, they were beaten by the Grand Canyon Antelopes, 76-64. Matej Kavas had a solid game for Seattle, leading the team in scoring with 17 points on 6-for-14 shooting. Grand Canyon did a terrific job of making free throws (19-21; 90.5 percent). Seattle, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.482 vs. 0.460).
The Roadrunners are trying to rebound after their 70-47 loss to the Utah Valley Wolverines in their last contest. With five points and five rebounds, Bakersfield’s Brent Wrapp played well. Utah Valley did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (10-14; 71.4 percent). Bakersfield, on the other hand, forced the Wolverines into a turnover percentage of 25.7 (above their season average of 17.0).
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Seattle should have a substantial advantage. The Redhawks defense ranks 25th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.469), while the Bakersfield offense is ranked 320th in effective field goal percentage (0.471).
These teams have already met once this season. The Redhawks won 59-55. Seattle’s free throw rate was their largest advantage over Bakersfield. The Redhawks had a rate of 0.340, while the Roadrunners posted a mark of 0.189. Aaron Menzies recorded a double-double with 16 points and 10 rebounds.
Seattle Redhawks at Bakersfield Roadrunners Betting Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Seattle, ATS Winner – Seattle, O/U – Over
- The Redhawks average 38.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 51st in the nation. The Roadrunners rank 86th in rebounds allowed per game (33.2).
- Bakersfield ranks 38th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while Seattle ranks 56th (2.9).
- Seattle ranks 62nd in three pointers attempted per game (24.6) while Bakersfield ranks 196th in three pointers allowed per game (23.0).
- The Roadrunners rank 147th in steals per game (6.0) while the Redhawks rank 225th (4.8).
- Seattle ranks 35th in assists allowed per game (11.3) while Bakersfield ranks 107th (12.8).
- The Roadrunners average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 3.0, up from 2.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Redhawks have scored an average of 76.0 points per game (1.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.4 points per game (0.2 above their season average).