A seven-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the Utah Valley Wolverines (11-6, 0-2 WAC) when they welcome the Seattle Redhawks (12-5, 0-2 WAC) to UCCU Events Center. Action gets underway at 9 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 12, 2019.
Seattle Redhawks at Utah Valley Wolverines ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last matchup. The Wolverines lost a winnable game to the Bakersfield Roadrunners, 73-71, while the Redhawks were beaten by the Grand Canyon Antelopes, 71-57.
Seattle did an excellent job of making free throws (14-20; 70.0 percent) while Utah Valley did a terrific job of making free throws (16-19; 84.2 percent). Conner Toolson had a good outing for Utah Valley, finishing with 13 points. Meanwhile, Matej Kavas played a pivotal role for Seattle with 16 points and seven rebounds.
This was a highly competitive series last year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the most recent game, the Wolverines won 73-47. The Wolverines’ 38.5 offensive rebounding percentage was their largest strength over the Redhawks, who had a mark of 16.7. This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, this will be a balanced contest. The elite Utah Valley offense ranks 54th in the nation in that metric at 0.549, while the elite Seattle defense is ranked 38th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.457). Also, the Redhawks rank 48th in turnover percentage (16.6 percent), while the Wolverines rank 323rd in opponents’ turnover percentage (16.3 percent).
Seattle vs. Utah Valley Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Utah Valley, O/U – Over
- Seattle ranks eighth in assists allowed per game (9.5) while Utah Valley ranks 147th (13.8).
- The Redhawks rank 30th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while the Wolverines rank 118th (6.8).
- Utah Valley ranks 48th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while Seattle ranks 80th (3.2).
- During their last five games, the Redhawks have scored an average of 75.8 points per game (4.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.4 points per game (0.3 below their season average).
- The Wolverines’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.6, down from 4.1 for the season.