The Seattle Redhawks (12-13, 5-5 WAC) will be at UTRGV Fieldhouse to square off with the UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros (10-14, 6-5 WAC) in a WAC matchup. Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Seattle Redhawks vs. UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Vaqueros were victorious over the Utah Valley Wolverines, 80-72, while the Redhawks fell to the New Mexico State Aggies, 72-64.
UT Rio Grande Valley dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.355 (above their season average of 0.239) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 31.4 (above their season average of 30.0). Utah Valley was 0.167 and 18.9, respectively, for those same stats. Seattle, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (9.9 vs. 12.0). UT Rio Grande Valley was led by Lesley Varner II, who had 11 points and 14 rebounds. Terrell Brown had a good outing for Seattle, recording 16 points and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Myles Carter led the Redhawks to a 91-74 win. He registered a double-double with 17 points and 11 rebounds. The Redhawks’ 9.9 turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Vaqueros, who had a mark of 14.7.
Based on each team’s statistical profile, ball security could play a significant role in this battle. Seattle commits the fourth-fewest miscues in the nation (turnover percentage of 14.8 percent), while the pesky defense of UT Rio Grande Valley forces the ninth-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 25.5 percent).
Seattle Redhawks vs. UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros Betting Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – UT Rio Grande Valley, ATS Winner – UT Rio Grande Valley, O/U – Under
- UT Rio Grande Valley ranks 59th in assists per game (14.5) while Seattle ranks 233rd (11.0).
- The Vaqueros rank 144th in rebounds allowed per game (34.9) while the Redhawks rank 227th (37.1).
- UT Rio Grande Valley ranks 17th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while Seattle ranks 91st (3.2).
- The Redhawks rank 109th in three pointers attempted per game (23.2) while the Vaqueros rank 259th (18.0).
- UT Rio Grande Valley ranks 23rd in steals per game (8.4) while Seattle ranks 155th (5.8).
- During their last five games, the Redhawks have scored an average of 75.8 points per game (1.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 77.6 points per game (5.6 above their season average).
- The Vaqueros’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.0, up from 2.1 for the season.