The Seattle Redhawks (12-4, 0-1 WAC) will be at Grand Canyon University Arena to take on the Grand Canyon Antelopes (8-6, 1-0 WAC) in a WAC matchup. The game starts at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 5, 2019.
Seattle Redhawks vs. Grand Canyon Antelopes Betting Odds
Both teams fell in their last outing. The Antelopes fell to the South Dakota State Jackrabbits, 79-74, while the Redhawks lost big to the Stanford Cardinal, 96-74.
Seattle had a better turnover percentage (13.1 vs. 15.6) while Grand Canyon had a much better turnover percentage (7.1 vs. 18.7). Trey Drechsel had a good outing for Grand Canyon, finishing with 17 points. Terrell Brown played a key role for Seattle with 16 points and six rebounds.
The Antelopes dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the most recent game, Grand Canyon won 76-64. One of Grand Canyon’s largest advantages was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 19-21 (90.5 percent), while the Redhawks were just 9-15 (60.0 percent). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Grand Canyon should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Grand Canyon ranks 54th in the country at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.7 percent), while Seattle forces the 64th-fewest turnovers (17.3 percent).
Seattle vs. Grand Canyon Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Grand Canyon, O/U – Over
- Grand Canyon ranks 22nd in three pointers allowed per game (18.9) while Seattle ranks 60th (20.4).
- The Redhawks allow the 38th-fewest steals per game (5.3) while the Antelopes rank 46th (5.4).
- Seattle ranks 80th in rebounds per game (37.9) while Grand Canyon ranks 85th in rebounds allowed per game (33.5).
- The Redhawks rank fifth in assists allowed per game (9.0) while the Antelopes rank 32nd (10.7).
- Seattle averages 4.1 blocks per game, which ranks 56th in the country. Grand Canyon ranks 71st in blocks allowed per game (3.2).
- During their last five games, the Redhawks have scored an average of 79.8 points per game (1.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.8 points per game (3.2 above their season average).
- The Antelopes’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 14.2, up from 5.0 for the season.