The California Baptist Lancers (20-8, 9-4 WAC) wrap up their home schedule at CBU Events Center against the Seattle Redhawks (14-14, 7-6 WAC). Action gets underway at 10 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
Seattle Redhawks vs. California Baptist Lancers Betting Odds
Both teams defeated their last opponent. The Lancers defeated the Utah Valley Wolverines 73-66, while the Redhawks beat the Bakersfield Roadrunners 69-54.
Seattle played a flawless game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.400 (above their season average of 0.280) and a turnover percentage of 9.1 (better than their season average of 12.8). For those same stats, Bakersfield was 0.160 and 19.2, respectively. The Lancers, on the other hand, had a phenomenally low turnover percentage of 7.6 (better than their season average of 15.5) and held the Wolverines to an offensive rebounding percentage of 8.1 (below their season average of 24.8). De’jon Davis played a key role for California Baptist with 21 points and 16 rebounds. Terrell Brown had a good game for Seattle, putting up 25 points, six rebounds and five assists.
In their first matchup this year, Acquaah led the Lancers to a 72-65 victory. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 18 points. California Baptist’s rebounding was their largest strength. The Lancers had 17 offensive rebounds and 51 total rebounds, while the Redhawks had 10 and 36, respectively.
When looking at effective field goal percentage, California Baptist should have a substantial edge. The Lancers defense ranks 55th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.464), while the Seattle offense is ranked 323rd in effective field goal percentage (0.462). Ball protection should be an advantage for the Redhawks. They rank 3rd at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 14.6 percent). Conversely, the Lancers force the 16th-fewest turnovers in the nation (opponents’ turnover percentage of 16.1 percent).
Seattle Redhawks at California Baptist Lancers Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – California Baptist, ATS Winner – California Baptist, O/U – Over
- California Baptist averages 41.0 rebounds per game, which ranks seventh in the nation. Seattle ranks 220th in rebounds allowed per game (36.9).
- The Lancers rank 35th in three pointers attempted per game (26.4) while the Redhawks rank 110th in three pointers allowed per game (20.6).
- California Baptist ranks 70th in blocks per game (3.9) while Seattle ranks 89th in blocks allowed per game (3.1).
- The Lancers rank 50th in assists per game (14.6) while the Redhawks rank 242nd (11.0).
- Seattle ranks 161st in steals per game (5.9) while California Baptist ranks 244th (4.4).
- During their last five games, the Redhawks have scored an average of 77.4 points per game (2.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 75.8 points per game (3.6 above their season average).
- The Lancers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 20.0, up from 11.8 for the season.