The Georgia Southern Eagles (6-2) will be at home in W.S. Hanner Fieldhouse when they meet the Savannah State Tigers (3-7). Tip-off is scheduled for 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017.
Savannah State Tigers at Georgia Southern Eagles Betting Preview
The last time the Tigers played, they were blown out by the William & Mary Tribe, 108-85. Savannah State’s Alante Fenner had 17 points and five assists in the contest. William & Mary did a great job of making free throws (16-19; 84.2 percent). Savannah State, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 8.1 (better than their season average of 15.2).
The Eagles come in on a high note after dismantling the Tennessee Wesleyan Bulldogs in their last contest, 97-61. Georgia Southern was lifted by Tookie Brown, who finished with 15 points and 10 assists. Georgia Southern played a perfect game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.379 (above their season average of 0.254) and a turnover percentage of 9.9 (better than their season average of 13.0). For those same stats, Tennessee Wesleyan was 0.086 and 23.9, respectively.
This game should be a matchup of conflicting paces. Since last season, Savannah State has preferred an up-tempo style of play (second in possessions per game), while Georgia Southern has been more methodical (167th in possessions per game).
The Eagles won the only contest against the Tigers last season, 94-75. Georgia Southern out-rebounded Savannah State. The Eagles had 16 offensive rebounds and 47 total rebounds, while the Tigers had five and 33, respectively.
Savannah State Tigers at Georgia Southern Eagles Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Georgia Southern, ATS Winner – Georgia Southern, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Eagles rank 11th in steals allowed per game (4.6) while the Tigers rank 177th (6.5).
- Georgia Southern ranks 99th in blocks allowed per game (3.2) while Savannah State ranks 237th (4.6).
- Savannah State ranks 27th in assists per game (16.6) while Georgia Southern ranks 306th (10.4).
- The Tigers rank 26th in rebounds per game (39.5) while the Eagles rank 299th in rebounds allowed per game (39.6).
- Georgia Southern ranks 37th in three pointers attempted per game (25.5) while Savannah State ranks 307th in three pointers allowed per game (31.7).