The winless Coppin State Eagles (0-15) welcome the Savannah State Tigers (3-11) to Physical Education Complex. The game is scheduled to start at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 5, 2019.
Savannah State Tigers at Coppin State Eagles Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last contest. The Eagles lost big to the Wisconsin Badgers, 85-63, while the Tigers were beaten by the Texas A&M Aggies, 98-83.
Savannah State had a better turnover percentage (18.1 vs. 20.6) while Coppin State had a better offensive rebounding percentage (31.6 vs. 31.4). Lamar Morgan put together a solid outing for Coppin State with 15 points. Meanwhile, Savannah State received a boost from Collins Joseph, who finished with 20 points.
The Tigers won the lone contest between these two teams last season, 80-71. One of Savannah State’s biggest advantages was getting to the charity stripe. They had 27 free throw attempts, while Coppin State had 18. This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
Getting to the line could be hard to find for Coppin State in this meeting. The Eagles rank 321st in the country with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.178, while Savannah State ranks 62nd in FTA rate allowed (0.191).
Savannah State Tigers at Coppin State Eagles Free Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Coppin State, O/U – Under
- Savannah State ranks 43rd in assists per game (15.8) while Coppin State ranks 239th (8.9).
- The Tigers rank 70th in steals per game (7.4) while the Eagles rank 158th in steals allowed per game (7.7).
- Coppin State averages 3.2 blocks per game, which ranks 104th in the NCAA. Savannah State ranks 142nd in blocks allowed per game (4.4).
- The Tigers rank first in three pointers attempted per game (42.9) while the Eagles rank 195th in three pointers allowed per game (24.7).
- Savannah State averages 40.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 36th in the NCAA. Coppin State ranks 219th in rebounds allowed per game (38.5).
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 54.8 points per game (2.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 84.4 points per game (3.9 above their season average).
- The Tigers’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 9.0, down from 23.1 for the season.