The top-ranked Gonzaga Bulldogs (18-1, 4-0 WCC), the NCAA’s top scoring team, will go head-to-head with the Santa Clara Broncos (15-3, 2-1 WCC) at McCarthey Athletic Center. The game starts at 11 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 16, 2020, and will air on ESPN2.
Santa Clara Broncos at Gonzaga Bulldogs Betting Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Bulldogs won big over the Loyola Marymount Lions 87-62, while the Broncos edged the Saint Mary’s Gaels 67-66.
The Broncos had a turnover percentage of 14.7 (better than their season average of 17.5) and held the Gaels to an effective field goal percentage of 0.427 (below their season average of 0.563). Gonzaga, meanwhile, dominated every facet of their game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 34.5 (above their season average of 34.2) and a free throw rate of 0.288 (above their season average of 0.245). Loyola Marymount was 11.4 and 0.193, respectively, for those same stats. Gonzaga’s Drew Timme had a good game, putting up 10 points and 11 rebounds. Santa Clara, meanwhile, rallied around Josip Vrankic, who had 22 points and 10 rebounds.
The Bulldogs dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the most recent contest, Gonzaga won 98-39. The Bulldogs’ 2.5 turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Broncos, who had a mark of 24.8. This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
It could be a tough game for Santa Clara on the offensive glass. The Broncos are among the nation’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking 296th in offensive rebounding percentage at 24.3 percent. Meanwhile, Gonzaga ranks 22nd in the nation at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 77.3 percent.
Santa Clara at Gonzaga Free Pick
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Gonzaga, ATS Winner – Santa Clara, O/U – Over
- Gonzaga ranks 17th in rebounds per game (41.2) while Santa Clara ranks 166th (35.2).
- The Broncos rank 36th in three pointers allowed per game (18.6) while the Bulldogs rank 108th (21.1).
- Santa Clara ranks 12th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while Gonzaga ranks 80th (3.2).
- The Bulldogs rank fourth in assists per game (18.2) while the Broncos rank 85th in assists allowed per game (11.8).
- Gonzaga ranks 80th in steals per game (7.5) while Santa Clara ranks 152nd in steals allowed per game (7.2).
- The Bulldogs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 21.6, up from 20.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Broncos have scored an average of 60.0 points per game (14.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 53.2 points per game (10.0 below their season average).