The 23rd-ranked BYU Cougars (21-7, 10-3 WCC) welcome the Santa Clara Broncos (18-9, 5-7 WCC) to Marriott Center. The Cougars look to lengthen their six-game winning streak. The game will air on CBS Sports Network at 9 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020.
Santa Clara Broncos vs. BYU Cougars ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Cougars edged the San Diego Toreros, 72-71, while the Broncos were beaten by the Loyola Marymount Lions, 65-59.
The Cougars had a free throw rate of 0.190 (above their season average of 0.160), while the Toreros had a turnover percentage of 20.1 (above the 16.5 mark opponents have averaged against BYU this season). Santa Clara, meanwhile, did a terrific job of making free throws (12-14; 85.7 percent). BYU rallied around TJ Haws, who recorded 17 points and 10 assists. Meanwhile, Jaden Bediako had a solid performance for Santa Clara, recording 12 points, 11 rebounds and five blocks.
The Cougars won the lone contest between these two teams last year, 80-74. The Cougars’ 33.3 offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest advantage over the Broncos, who had a mark of 20.0. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Second-chance points might be hard to find for Santa Clara in this matchup. The Broncos currently rank 307th in offensive rebounding percentage (23.8 percent), while BYU ranks 31st in defensive rebounding percentage (76.4 percent).
Santa Clara Broncos at BYU Cougars Odds Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Byu, ATS Winner – BYU, O/U – Over
- BYU ranks fifth in assists per game (17.4) while Santa Clara ranks 144th in assists allowed per game (12.7).
- The Cougars rank 19th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while the Broncos rank 65th (2.9).
- Santa Clara ranks 98th in steals per game (6.9) while BYU ranks 101st in steals allowed per game (6.2).
- The Cougars rank 45th in three pointers attempted per game (25.5) while the Broncos rank 168th (21.5).
- Santa Clara ranks 176th in rebounds per game (34.8) while BYU ranks 247th (32.8).
- The Cougars’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 14.2, up from 11.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Broncos have scored an average of 70.8 points per game (2.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 74.8 points per game (6.9 above their season average).