The Pacific Tigers (20-9, 8-5 WCC) wrap up their home schedule at Spanos Center against the Santa Clara Broncos (18-10, 5-8 WCC). Action begins at 10 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Santa Clara Broncos at Pacific Tigers ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last outing. The Tigers fell to the Saint Mary’s Gaels, 71-63, while the Broncos were defeated by the 23rd-ranked BYU Cougars, 85-75.
Santa Clara held BYU to an effective field goal percentage of 0.508 (below their season average of 0.594) while Pacific had a better free throw rate (0.222 vs. 0.216). Pacific was led by Jahlil Tripp, who recorded 17 points and seven rebounds. Josip Vrankic played well for Santa Clara, recording 28 points and 11 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Trey Wertz led the Broncos to an 84-80 win. He was the game’s leading scorer with 31 points. Santa Clara did an excellent job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (31-38; 81.6 percent). Pacific, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (41.5 vs. 16.7).
This game should be a showdown of conflicting paces. Santa Clara has preferred to play quickly (45th in possessions per game), while Pacific has been more half-court-oriented (283rd in possessions per game).
Santa Clara Broncos at Pacific Tigers ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Pacific, ATS Winner – Santa Clara, O/U – Under
- Santa Clara ranks 17th in assists per game (16.2) while Pacific ranks 210th (11.9).
- The Tigers rank 16th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while the Broncos rank 62nd (2.9).
- The Tigers rank third in rebounds allowed per game (28.2) while the Broncos rank 190th (35.9).
- Santa Clara ranks 162nd in three pointers attempted per game (21.5) while Pacific ranks 288th (16.3).
- The Tigers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.6, up from 5.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Broncos have scored an average of 71.4 points per game (2.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 74.4 points per game (5.9 above their season average).