The UNLV Runnin’ Rebels (9-9, 4-1 MWC) welcome the San Jose State Spartans (6-12, 2-4 MWC) to Thomas & Mack Center. The Spartans look to put an end to a six-game road losing streak. Action begins at 11 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 15, 2020.
San Jose State Spartans at UNLV Runnin’ Rebels Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Runnin’ Rebels defeated the Wyoming Cowboys, 78-69, while the Spartans lost to the Colorado State Rams, 81-70.
The Runnin’ Rebels held the Cowboys to an offensive rebounding percentage of 9.8 (below the 26.2 mark opponents have averaged against UNLV this season) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.431 (below their season average of 0.483). San Jose State, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 11.8 (better than their season average of 18.0). Bryce Hamilton had a good outing for UNLV, contributing 19 points and five rebounds. Meanwhile, San Jose State received a boost from Seneca Knight, who had 21 points and eight rebounds.
The Runnin’ Rebels dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the most recent matchup, UNLV won 71-64. Getting to the free throw line was one of UNLV’s largest strengths. They made 26 trips to the line, while San Jose State went 21 times. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
The Spartans’ Brae Ivey has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 16 points,3.6 assists per game. Meanwhile, Hamilton has averaged 13 points during that same time frame for the Runnin’ Rebels.
The offensive glass could be a huge edge for UNLV in this showdown. The Runnin’ Rebels currently rank 13th in offensive rebounding percentage (36.5 percent), while San Jose State ranks 232nd in defensive rebounding percentage (71.0 percent).
San Jose State at UNLV Free Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Unlv, ATS Winner – UNLV, O/U – Under
- UNLV ranks 27th in rebounds allowed per game (31.1) while San Jose State ranks 250th (39.2).
- The Spartans rank 76th in blocks per game (3.8) while the Runnin’ Rebels rank 124th in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- The Spartans average 25.5 three pointers per game, which ranks 54th in the NCAA. The Runnin’ Rebels rank 201st in three pointers allowed per game (23.7).
- UNLV ranks 158th in assists allowed per game (13.4) while San Jose State ranks 243rd (17.3).
- During their last five games, the Spartans have scored an average of 75.0 points per game (6.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 76.2 points per game (1.1 below their season average).
- The Runnin’ Rebels’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.2, up from 1.5 for the season.