The San Jose State Spartans (7-20, 3-12 MWC) and the Colorado State Rams (18-10, 9-6 MWC) clash at Moby Arena. The Spartans will attempt to snap their six-game losing streak. Action starts at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
San Jose State Spartans vs. Colorado State Rams Betting Odds
Both teams got blown out in their last matchup. The Rams fell to the UNLV Runnin’ Rebels, 80-56, while the Spartans were defeated by the Boise State Broncos, 80-62.
San Jose State forced Boise State into a turnover percentage of 26.0 (above their season average of 15.4) while Colorado State had a much better free throw rate (0.245 vs. 0.061). Nico Carvacho played well for Colorado State, finishing with 16 points and eight rebounds. Meanwhile, San Jose State rallied around Richard Washington, who put up 16 points and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Isaiah Stevens led the Rams to an 81-70 win. He recorded 21 points and seven assists. One of Colorado State’s biggest advantages was getting to the charity stripe. They made 30 trips to the line, while San Jose State went 16 times.
The elite offense of Colorado State (24th in the NCAA with an effective field goal percentage 0.542) will square off against the porous defense of San Jose State (323rd in effective field goal percentage allowed 0.532). The Rams figure to have the advantage on that side of the ball. Additionally, the Spartans, who rank 273rd in offensive rebounding percentage (25.3 percent), will face off against the Rams, who rank 39th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.6 percent).
San Jose State at Colorado State Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Colorado State, ATS Winner – Colorado State, O/U – Under
- Colorado State ranks 25th in assists per game (15.5) while San Jose State ranks 272nd in assists allowed per game (18.8).
- The Rams average 6.6 steals per game, which ranks 118th in the NCAA. The Spartans rank 191st in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- San Jose State allows the 25th-fewest blocks per game (2.5) while Colorado State ranks 38th (2.6).
- The Spartans average 27.5 three pointers per game, which ranks 19th in the country. The Rams rank 256th in three pointers allowed per game (24.9).
- Colorado State ranks 98th in rebounds allowed per game (33.5) while San Jose State ranks 287th (40.0).
- The Rams’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.6, down from 3.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Spartans have scored an average of 73.8 points per game (3.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 85.0 points per game (4.3 above their season average).