The Air Force Falcons (9-16, 3-10 MWC) and the San Jose State Spartans (7-18, 3-10 MWC) face off at Clune Arena. The Falcons look to snap their seven-game losing streak. Action begins at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
San Jose State Spartans vs. Air Force Falcons Betting Odds
Both teams fell in their last outing. The Falcons fell to the Boise State Broncos, 74-57, while the Spartans were defeated by the Fresno State Bulldogs, 84-78.
San Jose State had a turnover percentage of 10.6 (better than their season average of 16.9) while Air Force had a better free throw rate (0.229 vs. 0.203). Lavelle Scottie played a pivotal role for Air Force with 16 points. San Jose State was lifted by Seneca Knight, who recorded 23 points and 13 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Knight led the Spartans to a 90-81 win. He put up 20 points and nine rebounds. San Jose State’s free throw rate was their largest strength over Air Force. The Spartans had a rate of 0.311, while the Falcons posted a mark of 0.149.
When looking at effective field goal percentage, Air Force figures to have a substantial edge. The sharp-shooting Falcons offense ranks 39th in the NCAA in that metric at 0.534, while the bottom-tier San Jose State defense is ranked 320th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.525). Moreover, the Spartans, who rank 270th in offensive rebounding percentage (25.6 percent), could have a tough time getting put-back points against the Falcons, who rank 15th in defensive rebounding percentage (77.2 percent).
San Jose State Spartans vs. Air Force Falcons Free Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Air Force, ATS Winner – Air Force, O/U – Over
- San Jose State ranks 26th in three pointers attempted per game (27.1) while Air Force ranks 287th in three pointers allowed per game (27.0).
- The Spartans are 32nd in the country with 2.6 blocks allowed per game while the Falcons are 43rd with 2.7 blocks allowed per game.
- The Falcons rank 63rd in rebounds allowed per game (32.8) while the Spartans rank 282nd (39.9).
- Air Force ranks 76th in assists per game (14.2) while San Jose State ranks 260th in assists allowed per game (18.1).
- The Spartans’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 9.6, down from 9.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Falcons have scored an average of 66.8 points per game (6.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 84.0 points per game (9.5 above their season average).