San Jose Sharks at Arizona Coyotes Free Prediction 11/30/19

Posts AdminArticles, Hockey, NHL

Tomas Hertl, Logan Couture, and the San Jose Sharks will do battle against Nick Schmaltz, Alex Goligoski, and the Arizona Coyotes at Gila River Arena in a divisional tilt. The action will get going at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 30, and fans at home can watch it live on Fox Sports Arizona.

San Jose Sharks vs. Arizona Coyotes Odds

Oddsmakers have not yet posted moneyline or Over/Under odds for this matchup.

Earning moneyline bettors 3.5 units, Arizona is 15-12 straight up (SU) overall thus far. That winning percentage, ranked 2nd in the Pacific Division in this young season, is a welcome improvement over the 39-43 record from the 2018-19 season campaign. 16 of its 27 matches have gone under the total, while nine have gone over and just one has pushed. This year, the team’s 7-6 SU at home.

The Coyotes have converted on 19.0 percent of their power play chances this season, a mark that’s right around league average. On the other hand, their penalty kill is ranked 19th overall, and they’ve successfully killed off 81.0 percent of all penalties.

With a .935 save percentage and 28.9 saves per game, Darcy Kuemper (10-8-2) has been the best goalkeeper for Arizona this season. Kuemper did just play yesterday, however, so head coach Rick Tocchet might decide to rest him and go with Antti Raanta instead (5-4-4 record, .926 save percentage, 2.62 goals against average).

San Jose has lost 2.5 units for bettors taking the moneyline this year and is currently 14-13 straight up (SU). Through 27 regular season matches, 13 of its games have gone over the total, while 12 have gone under the total and just one has pushed. The Sharks are 5-7 SU as the away team this season.

The Sharks have converted on just 17.4 percent of their power play chances this year, a figure that places them in the bottom-10 overall among NHL teams. On the other hand, its penalty kill unit is ranked first overall and it’s successfully killed off 90.7 percent of all opponent power plays.

Martin Jones (3.08 goals against average and .896 save percentage) has been the primary option in goal for San Jose. Jones is averaging 25.3 saves per game and has 11 wins, 10 losses, and one OT loss to his credit.

San Jose Sharks vs. Arizona Coyotes Free Picks

Pick: SU Winner – Sharks, O/U – Over

Betting Notes

  • The Coyotes (4-2 in shootouts this season) has more experience in games decided by shootout. The Sharks, on the other hand,emerged victorious in both of its shootouts this year.
  • For both of these clubs, the game went under the total in three of their last five outings.
  • San Jose skaters have accounted for the league’s 10th-most hits per game (22.8).