The San Francisco Dons (13-2, 1-0 WCC) travel to Firestone Fieldhouse to clash against the Pepperdine Waves (8-7, 1-0 WCC). The Dons will attempt to continue their seven-game winning streak. The game is scheduled to start at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 5, 2019.
San Francisco Dons at Pepperdine Waves ATS Odds
Both teams easily got past their last opponent. The Waves defeated the Cal State-Dominguez Hills Toros 100-66, while the Dons beat the UC Davis Aggies 76-42.
San Francisco dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.4 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.574. UC Davis recorded marks of 13.5 and 0.304, respectively, for those same stats. The Waves, on the other hand, had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.643 vs. 0.389) and had a much better turnover percentage (11.0 vs. 17.1). Colbey Ross played a key role for Pepperdine with 15 points, seven assists and five rebounds. Meanwhile, San Francisco rallied around Jordan Ratinho, who put up 14 points.
The Dons dominated this series last year, securing victories in both games. In the last game, San Francisco won 80-73. Getting to the charity stripe was one of San Francisco’s biggest strengths. They made 29 trips to the line, while Pepperdine went 22 times. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Ross has really been playing well as of late for Pepperdine, averaging 0 points over the last five games.
Second-chance points could be rare for Pepperdine in this battle. The Waves rank 290th in offensive rebounding percentage (24.9 percent), while San Francisco ranks eighth in defensive rebounding percentage (77.5 percent). Also, the Dons rank ninth in turnover percentage (14.7 percent), while the Waves rank 48th in opponents’ turnover percentage (22.8 percent).
San Francisco Dons at Pepperdine Waves Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Pepperdine, ATS Winner – San Francisco, O/U – Under
- San Francisco ranks 20th in rebounds per game (40.8) while Pepperdine ranks 234th (32.1).
- The Dons allow the 10th-fewest steals per game (4.4) while the Waves rank 44th (5.4).
- San Francisco ranks 86th in blocks per game (3.5) while Pepperdine ranks 97th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- The Dons rank 11th in assists allowed per game (9.9) while the Waves rank 180th (14.9).
- San Francisco ranks 46th in three pointers allowed per game (20.1) while Pepperdine ranks 163rd (22.8).
- The Waves’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.2, up from 5.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Dons have scored an average of 80.4 points per game (2.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 51.0 points per game (9.7 below their season average).