The Loyola Marymount Lions (10-19, 4-11 WCC) welcome the San Francisco Dons (19-11, 8-7 WCC) to Albert Gersten Pavilion as the regular season comes to a conclusion. Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
San Francisco Dons at Loyola Marymount Lions Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Lions were beaten by the Pacific Tigers, 60-53, while the Dons defeated the Portland Pilots, 81-65.
San Francisco played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.3 (better than their season average of 15.8) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.6 (below their season average of 29.6). For those same stats, Portland was 21.6 and 18.9, respectively. Loyola Marymount, meanwhile, did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (13-18; 72.2 percent). Keli Leaupepe played well for Loyola Marymount with 11 points and eight rebounds. Jimbo Lull had a good game for San Francisco, putting up 16 points and 13 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Charles Minlend led the Dons to a 61-53 victory. He was the game’s leading scorer with 19 points. San Francisco’s free throw rate was their largest advantage over Loyola Marymount. The Dons had a rate of 0.227, while the Lions posted a mark of 0.111.
When looking at effective field goal percentage, Loyola Marymount should have a significant advantage. The sharp-shooting Lions offense ranks 86th in the nation in that metric at 0.519, while the San Francisco defense is ranked 242nd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.504).
San Francisco Dons vs. Loyola Marymount Lions Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Loyola Marymount, ATS Winner – Loyola Marymount, O/U – Under
- San Francisco ranks 27th in three pointers attempted per game (26.9) while Loyola Marymount ranks 278th (17.7).
- The Dons rank 74th in steals per game (7.2) while the Lions rank 123rd in steals allowed per game (6.4).
- San Francisco blocks 3.1 opponent shots per game, which is ranked 119th in the NCAA. Loyola Marymount ranks 128th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- The Dons rank 101st in rebounds per game (36.7) while the Lions rank 283rd (30.2).
- San Francisco ranks 46th in assists allowed per game (10.9) while Loyola Marymount ranks 197th (13.6).
- The Lions’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.4, up from 3.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Dons have scored an average of 68.8 points per game (6.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.6 points per game (0.1 above their season average).