The San Francisco Dons (9-2) and their great offense head to Stanford to take on the Cardinal (9-1) and their exceptional defense. The game starts at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 17, 2019, and will air on Pac-12 Network.
San Francisco Dons at Stanford Cardinal ATS Odds
Both teams had no trouble getting past their last opponent. The Cardinal defeated the San Jose State Spartans 78-58, while the Dons beat the Cal State Fullerton Titans 91-69.
San Francisco dominated every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.5 (below their season average of 34.6) and a turnover percentage of 12.3 (better than their season average of 14.3). For those same stats, Cal State Fullerton recorded marks of 0.0 and 20.5, respectively. Meanwhile, Stanford’s offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest strength over San Jose State. The Cardinal had a rate of 36.1 (above their season average of 24.1), while the Spartans posted a mark of 20.5 (below their season average of 29.7). Oscar da Silva put together a good game for Stanford with 25 points and eight rebounds. San Francisco was lifted by Dzmitry Ryuny, who recorded 18 points and six rebounds.
The Dons won the only contest between these two teams last season, 74-65. The Dons’ turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Cardinal. San Francisco had a rate of 13.8, while Stanford posted a mark of 18.5. This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
It might be a tough game for Stanford on the offensive glass. The Cardinal are among the nation’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking 268th in offensive rebounding percentage at 25.5 percent. Meanwhile, San Francisco ranks fourth in the country at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 79.6 percent. Moreover, the sixth-ranked offense of the Dons (offensive efficiency of 117.1) will go head-to-head against the fifth-ranked defense of the Cardinal (defensive efficiency of 83.6).
San Francisco Dons vs. Stanford Cardinal Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Stanford, ATS Winner – San Francisco, O/U – Under
- San Francisco ranks ninth in three pointers attempted per game (29.5) while Stanford ranks 235th (18.6).
- The Cardinal rank 46th in steals per game (8.2) while the Dons rank 101st (6.8).
- San Francisco is 16th in the NCAA with 9.2 assists allowed per game while Stanford is 20th with 9.4 assists allowed per game.
- The Dons rank 39th in rebounds per game (39.5) while the Cardinal rank 118th (36.6).
- San Francisco ranks 42nd in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while Stanford ranks 104th (3.4).
- During their last five games, the Cardinal have scored an average of 74.2 points per game (1.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 56.8 points per game (0.9 below their season average).
- The Dons’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.2, down from 14.3 for the season.